On this page you can find a (somewhat random) collection of things that I find interesting or that I would like to share. Go ahead and explore!
This and That
- Overview of past news articles: Can be found here.
- MaterialsViews: Once in a while I am writing news articles about interesting scientific papers for the MaterialsViews news portal by Wiley. You can find those here.
- Currently, I am trying out the Zotero tool to manage my literature database. It seems to be pretty awesome and helpful and I am looking into making some of my libraries public.
- If you're working with electronic structure codes, consider using something like the ESTEST framework for higher standards of reproducibility as well as verification and validation in computational materials science.
- Check out the "Hacking Materials" blog - it's a very nice read about Computational Materials Science.
Updates, Professional and Social Networks
- GoogleScholar: By clicking here you get to my GoogleScholar profile.
- LinkedIn: Here is my LinkedIn page.
- ResearchGate: And here is a link to my ResearchGate profile.
- Social Networks: For now, we can connect on Google+ or Twitter and I'll post occasional updates there.
- Read a Twitter summary of my four-day motorcycle road trip to UIUC here.
Some of my current/recent collaborators
Disclaimer: This (alphabetical) list is most likely incomplete and always under construction. Please forgive me if your name is not on here, even if it should be – shoot me an email instead!
- Dr. Daniel Åberg, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA
- Prof. Dr. Friedhelm Bechstedt, Friedrich-Schiller-University, Jena, Germany
- Dr. Oliver Bierwagen, Paul-Drude-Institut, Berlin, Germany
- Dr. Christoph Cobet, Johannes-Kepler University, Linz, Austria
- Dr. Alfredo Correa, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA
- Prof. Dr. Steve Durbin, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI
- Prof. Dr. Rüdiger Goldhahn, Otto-von-Guericke-University, Magdeburg, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Yosuke Kanai, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel, NC
- Prof. Dr. Emmanouil Kioupakis, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Prof. Dr. Bruno Meyer, Justus-Liebig-Universität, Giessen, Germany
- Dr. Patrick Rinke, Fritz-Haber-Institut, Berlin, Germany
- Dr. Claudia Rödl, Laboratoire des Solides Irradiés, Ecole Polytechnique, Palaiseau, France
- Dr. Markus R. Wagner, Catalan Institute of Nanotechnology, Barcelona, Spain
- Prof. Dr. Chris G. Van de Walle, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA
- Dr. Tim Veal, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, England